The benefit associated with corporate yoga and meditation can be categorized into two sections, namely: employee and business benefit. However, the benefits that the employees experience from the wellness routine direcly dictate the level of result that the business will experience.
Benefits to individual employee:
· it cures depression, psychiatric disorders, and anxiety.
· increases the production of a protein (BDNF) that stimulates the formation of new brain cell, increasing brain plasticity and suppresses inflammation and acts as a natural antidepressant
· enhances staffs’ healthy living
· boosts physical and metal performances
· reduces chronic pain
· enhances the innovativeness of staffs
· increases the participant’s self-esteem
Benefits to business
· boosts staffs productivity
· reduces Insurance premium cost
· reduces Staff turnover and absenteeism
· enhances better team-work
· increases the Goodwill of the business
Note that the benefits are not limited to the above. More importantly, all the above benefits also lead to increased profitability of a business. And this can as well boost financial welfare of personnel. Furthermore, Introducing yoga programs in the work-space is a relatively low-cost investment and a great way to invest in prevention and good health.